Friday 14 December 2012


My name is George Badgerstoke and I’m starting this blog to pass on my extensive knowledge and experience to the younger generation.

I retired last year after forty highly successful years in the retail trade and since that time have made it my mission to help the younger generation who seem to have lost their way a little over the last couple of decades. Since my retirement I have on several occasions been in a position to impart my advice to a member of the younger generation and several of them have made suggestions as to what I could do with it. So I have created this blog for the benefit of the youth of the United Kingdom.

For my first post I will not impart any pearls of wisdom but rather I will introduce myself so that you understand where my future sage advice is coming from.

I live in a nice modern semi-detached house with my wife Mrs. Badgerstoke. My wife does have a first name but she doesn’t much care for it so everyone just used Missus. Even, two or three times a year, when we share our most intimate moments she still prefers me to call her Mrs. Badgerstoke.

We have two children, Brian and Gloria. Brian is away at University taking a degree in Modern Art with Media Studies. I’m not sure what career this will lead to be he assures me that there is a highly paid job awaiting him at the end and who am I to argue with someone who is clever enough to go to university.

My daughter Gloria is a highly skilled hairdresser and lives with her husband Dean a few streets away from us. Dean is on a Government scheme call “Job Seekers Allowance” which is for people who don’t want to work but like to practice their interview technique in case they change their mind in the future.

As I have already told you, I have recently retired and so a few words about my career are called for here. I started my career as an errand boy for a small shop delivering items on a shop bicycle and over the next forty years I rose to become the manager of a medium sized supermarket. My highly successful career has brought me into contact with many members of the public and allowed me to dispense my advice freely but since I have retired I have only come into contact with people who have already been advised by me on many occasions and they have encouraged me to go away and tell someone else and so this has been the main reason that I’ve decided to start this blog.

Well that is a brief introduction to me and my family. My next post will, I assure you, contain advice that you can take to the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment